We are actively engaged in keeping our customers and employees healthy. Click here to see our COVID-19 response

What is Radon?

Radon is a type of radioactive gas that can cause cancer. Radon has no smell or taste and is not visible and it may be a problem in your home.  According to the Surgeon General radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. today.  Inhalation and ingestion are the primary routes of human exposure to radon. It typically takes years of radon exposure before health problems start to surface. It has been estimated to have caused over 21,000 lung cancers deaths every year. Because of radon’s nature the only way to know your home’s radon levels is to have your home tested for levels of radon by a professional.