Stachybotrys is a poisonous fungus also known as black mold. Black mold is toxic and can cause numerous health issues if it chooses to grow in your home. It can also become airborne and enter your expiratory system through inhalation.
How Can It Be Removed?
First and foremost due to the health risks we recommend calling in a professional to inspect and remove and potential black mold from your Clay Center home. If you think black mold has taken root in your home don’t waste any time in calling Lamunyon! We are fully equipped and have the know-how on how to deal with black mold removal in Clay Center.If you feel the need to tackle black mold removal in Clay Center on your own take caution! Here are a few tips that may prove useful!
- It is crucial that you wear a protective mask when dealing with black mold! Failure to properly protect yourself can lead to serious health risks.
- You want to get rid of as many surface spores as possible when dealing with black mold. Only use a vacuum with an HEPA filter to avoid releasing spores into the air.
- Use a suitable anti-fungal agent. There is a wide variety of products that you can use to remove black mold. Keep in mind that several products only work on nonporous surface, are not environmentally safe, and may damage the surface you are working hard to clean. Choose the product that works the best for your situation and follow the instructions on the label.
- Make sure to properly dispose of any materials you used during black mold cleanup. If you fail to properly dispose of any materials that may contain black mold spores you risk the chance of black mold recolonizing in your home.
There is no guarantee that you will be able to completely remove black mold from your Clay Center home without professional assistance. For safe and effective treatment of black mold, call the professionals at Lamunyon. We’re happy to answer your questions about black mold and how to treat it.