To repair the settlement problem, we install a series of push piers under the sinking foundation. These piers are attached to the slab of your building and driven down to sturdy bedrock. This allows the piers to lift and stabilize the building by transferring the weight onto the piers and off of the loose soil, preventing any future settlement problems.
The pier installation process consists of the following steps:
- We begin the process by excavating around the footing area.
- We remove a section of footing where the pier support will go.
- We position the bracket for the piers.
- We insert the piers through the bracket until we reach stable soil or bedrock.
- We set up the lift cylinders so we can evenly lift the house all at once.
- We lift the house, checking alignment and leveling continuously.
- We tighten all the brackets and the building is now level.
The piering process is both safe and effective. Our team is trained regularly to ensure they are properly loading the building onto the piers, this will help ensure everything is done to correctly repair your sinking foundation.
If you have any type of sinking or settling foundation issues or you see cracks forming on your foundation, do not hesitate to contact us and have the professionals at Lamunyon evaluate your project and provide you with the best solution.