The Three Things Mold Needs To Survive
1. Food for mold is specified as any organic material, such as wood products, ceiling tiles, cardboard, wallpaper, carpets, drywall, fabric, plants, foods, insulation, decaying leaves and other organic matter. Controlling food sources may not be accessible or a viable option (think, framing of a house)
2. Air is difficult to control
3. Water management is the primary course of mold control. Why? Well, typically, when there is a water leak or some other moisture event, the environment changes and mold can start growing. If mold is lying dormant, then it will immediately grow. Dormant means that the spores have remained within an organic compound, such as a wood stud. It usually takes about 24 – 48 hours for mold to grow enough to be visible to the naked eye. By the time you see it, it is definitely time to be concerned.
You may wonder why mold remediation has become necessary in recent years. There are actually several factors. Awareness has increased, and health conditions not previously understood have now been attributed to mold exposure and building techniques have changed. Buildings that were constructed “loose” in years past have now become the energy efficient (“tight”) buildings we know today. Building materials have also changed, allowing more cellulose materials to be used. These factors, along with way we use our homes sometimes contribute to increased moisture levels, creating a perfect environment for mold to grow.
Why Choose Us
- 24/7 emergency availability by phone at 888-609-9670
- The most experienced water restoration company in North Central Kansas
- Locally owned and operated since 1973
- Certified technicians available for immediate emergency response
- Experience with all insurance companies and their claims process
- Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
- Friendly, understanding staff always willing to help!