Mold Testing and Inspection

Mold is a natural part of our environment. It is in every breath of air we breathe and every part of our homes, businesses, and lives. The mere presence of mold in our environment is normal! In fact, unless you are in a scientifically controlled laboratory setting, it is impossible to have a “zero” or “mold-free” space, inside or out.

What is not normal is having it grow in the indoor environment. Since mold is a naturally occurring living organism, it is virtually impossible to remove entirely; thereby a correct scale would be Acceptable or Elevated levels of mold. This is why it is important to have your home or business inspected for mold if you have had any type of water damage scenario. Acceptable levels are at which humans will not experience adverse effects. Elevated levels at any amount require immediate attention. Children, those with chronic conditions (such as COPD) and the elderly are especially affected by mold exposure. Having your location tested for mold can determine if mold remediation services are to be required.

Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.

Source: epa.gov

Our Mold Testing and Inspection Services

The Three Things Mold Needs To Survive

1. Food for mold is specified as any organic material, such as wood products, ceiling tiles, cardboard, wallpaper, carpets, drywall, fabric, plants, foods, insulation, decaying leaves and other organic matter. Controlling food sources may not be accessible or a viable option (think, framing of a house)

2. Air is difficult to control

3. Water management is the primary course of mold control. Why? Well, typically, when there is a water leak or some other moisture event, the environment changes and mold can start growing. If mold is lying dormant, then it will immediately grow. Dormant means that the spores have remained within an organic compound, such as a wood stud. It usually takes about 24 – 48 hours for mold to grow enough to be visible to the naked eye. By the time you see it, it is definitely time to be concerned.

You may wonder why mold remediation has become necessary in recent years. There are actually several factors. Awareness has increased, and health conditions not previously understood have now been attributed to mold exposure and building techniques have changed. Buildings that were constructed “loose” in years past have now become the energy efficient (“tight”) buildings we know today. Building materials have also changed, allowing more cellulose materials to be used. These factors, along with way we use our homes sometimes contribute to increased moisture levels, creating a perfect environment for mold to grow.

Why Choose Us

  • 24/7 emergency availability by phone at 888-609-9670
  • The most experienced water restoration company in North Central Kansas
  • Locally owned and operated since 1973
  • Certified technicians available for immediate emergency response
  • Experience with all insurance companies and their claims process
  • Better Business Bureau A+ Rating
  • Friendly, understanding staff always willing to help!
Google Rating
5.0
Based on 138 reviews

Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair Regional Offices

© 2021 Lamunyon Dry Out & Foundation Repair | All Rights Reserved | Sitemap