Encountering water intrusion can be overwhelming. It’s imperative to prioritize your water removal in order to prevent further damage. Asking for a professional’s help will save you a ton of time and mitigate your losses. At Lamunyon, our professionals take things a step further to ensure your family is protected from future risks stemming from water damage.
Water Removal Experts
Lamunyon Dry Out and Foundation Repair is a locally owned and operated water removal company in service since 1973. We have helped thousands of households deal with emergency flooding, and therefore are familiar with all types of trouble water can bring. We respond fast and use industrial equipment to remove water and dehumidify your property so you can get its charm back as soon as possible.
Our water removal professionals are available 24/7 at (785) 333-1610
Minimize the Chances of Water Damage
While you can’t control some water damages, you can prevent most of them by paying attention to your water supply system. Broken pipes are the most common cause of residential flooding. You can minimize the chances of surprise water invasion by inspecting and keeping all supply lines and connections in the best condition possible.
Experts suggest homeowners inspect and change worn-out pipe fittings and hose connections to all appliances that use water at least once a year. Here are a few ways you can minimize the chances of surprise water damages.
- Regularly inspect and clean gutters – Clogged gutters can send water inside your home, into the basement, or the foundation during rainy days, causing severe water damage. Dead leaves, branches, bird’s nests, and other things can block your gutters. Regularly inspecting and cleaning your gutters reduces the chance for water to enter your home.
- Inspect household appliances – Your household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers, can also contribute to water damage if you fail to notice the signs of possible leakage. Regularly inspecting and fixing the hoses, pipes, and appliances is another way to minimize water damage.
- Make sure pipes never freeze – When the temperature is below freezing, water inside your pipe can freeze, expand, and cause pipes to break. Be sure to disconnect all outside garden hoses before freezing weather strikes! Additionally, keep the temperature warm enough in every corner of your house throughout the winter.
- Maintain the condition of your plumbing – Regularly inspecting and fixing plumbing will eliminate the chances of some water damages that go unnoticed until they cause a problem. Minor plumbing leakages usually go unseen and create a favorable environment for mold and mildew growth.
- Some people use chemicals to unclog the drain – It may harm your pipes and cause water leakage in the future. Use a drain snake instead. Also, make sure to install a backflow valve. It prevents sewer water from backing up into your house.
- Go down into the basement – Yes! At least once a week, make that long journey into the basement. Yes, I know you never know what you might find in the basement. But that’s the point…………..it’s a lot better to find a small drip or minor leak than a swimming pool in your basement. What is it that grandma used to say, “A stitch in time, saves nine”?
Call Lamunyon for Emergency Water Removal
Standing water keeps damaging your property. The longer it stays, the deeper it will be soaked into your contents, harming them more. It can even cause severe damage to the foundation of your house. Therefore, you should remove it as fast as possible. Lamunyon is your friend in time of need. We will show up to help you instantly when you need to remove water from your house fast. We also offer foundation repair, basement waterproofing, crawl space encapsulation, mold remediation, water damage restoration, and water mitigation throughout Salina.
We are an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau, specializing in all forms of water damage restoration. Call us at (785) 333-1610 at any time for your water damage emergencies.